Abbey Scaffolding can obtain Pavement Licences on your behalf as part of our service.

For projects requiring scaffolding erection on or protruding over a public footpath or carriageway a Pavement Licence must be obtained from a local district council's highways department.

Recent legislation now being enforced by an increasing number of local councils requires a qualified scaffolding company with relevant accreditation to work a footpath or carriageway, and Public Liability insurance to obtain a Pavement Licence on your behalf before scaffolding on or over a public footpath or carriageway can commence.

Pavement licences are usually issued for a period of 28 days and can be renewed over more extended periods.